Mark Your Calendars!
Here’s a sampling of upcoming events around the region and beyond, and some exciting announcements!
- Upcoming Remediation Roundtables - The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) hosts quarterly remediation roundtables—open forums to exchange ideas and information on site cleanup in CT and to solicit opinions, advice and information. The forum also serves as a means for DEEP to provide information and updates on regulatory matters affecting the cleanup of contaminated sites. Sessions for 2017 will be held from 1:30 to 3:30 pm at DEEP Headquarters, 79 Elm Street, Gina McCarthy Auditorium, on March 14th, June 20th and October 17th. [...]
- Annual CT Business Matchmaker Event Announced - Want to Connect with More Small Business Subcontractors and Suppliers from Connecticut? Visit www.hartford.edu/matchmaker to learn about the CT Business Matchmaker event, which will take place at the University of Hartford on Thursday, June 1st from 7:00 am – 2:30 pm. The CT Business Matchmaker, an annual event since 2010, offers an invaluable opportunity for municipalities to meet with small businesses from the region in a series of 10 minute one-on-one interviews. Develop new relationships, diversify your supply chain and expand your [...]
- Be Recognized for Your Positive Contributions to CT’s Environment! - Sponsored via a partnership between CT DEEP, the Hartford Business Journal and its CT Green Guide, the GreenCircle Awards Program promotes overall sustainability by recognizing those who took a holistic approach to reducing the environmental impact and resource demands of their operations and activities during the previous calendar year. Any business, institution, group, or individual operating or living in Connecticut is eligible to participate. This year’s application deadline is March 10, 2107 for project activities completed between 1/1/16 and 12/31/16. For further information, including how to apply and details [...]
- Going Solar: A Brighter Future for Hartford - Curious about solar but don’t know where to start? Come and learn about solar energy and energy efficiency incentives for your community and your home on Tuesday, March 7th from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Hartford Public Library, Downtown Branch, 500 Main Street. Did you know that Harford is one of just 14 cities in the country to receive a SolSmart Gold designation from the Department of Energy? It has the largest municipal solar array in CT and recently [...]
- Upcoming webinar: Livable Transit Corridors - The Transportation Research Board will conduct a webinar on Thursday, March 16, 2017 from 2:00 to 4:00 PM EST on Report 187: Livable Transit Corridors: Methods, Metrics, and Strategies. The planning method presented in the handbook was developed by studying more than 350 transit corridors throughout the U.S., and offers an operational framework for defining and assessing livability to provide clear guidance for corridor-level visioning and planning. A set of analysis tools was developed to identify corridor livability strengths and [...]