Mark Your Calendars!
Here’s a sampling of upcoming events around the region and beyond, and some exciting announcements!
- December Meeting Scheduled for the Hartford Advisory Commission on Food Policy - The Hartford Advisory Commission on Food Policy will meet Wednesday, December 13 in the Green Room at City Hall (550 Main Street) from 3:30 to 5:15 PM for its regular monthly meeting. The Green Room is on the Main Floor and through an office cubicle area. Items on the agenda include an interactive activity around values for the Commission, planning for the 2018 Community Food Security Awards, and a discussion around the timeline for developing the policy recommendations. All meetings are [...]
- Sustainable CT to Host Launch Event at Hartford Public Library - Sustainable CT, Connecticut’s new voluntary certification program to support and recognize thriving and resilient municipalities, will be hosting launch events around the state. Come and learn how you, your municipality, businesses, and community organizations can participate. Registration is available for the in-person, regional launch events. The Hartford Public Library is hosting an event in collaboration with the City of Hartford on January 16, 2018 from 6:00-7:30 pm. at the Library’s Center for Contemporary [...]
- New England Knowledge Corridor Partnership to Host State of the Region Conference - The New England Knowledge Corridor Partnership will host its annual State of the Region Conference on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at Union Station in Springfield, MA from 7:45-11:55 a.m. The focus of this year’s program is on Leveraging the Knowledge Corridor’s Transportation Assets and Investments to Drive Economic Progress. Robert Puentes, President/CEO of the Eno Center for Transportation, will serve as the event’s keynote speaker. Seating is limited, so register today!
- Rising Star Breakfast Scheduled for October 6th! - The MetroHartford Alliance’s next Rising Star Breakfast will be held on Friday, October 6th from 7:15-9:00 a.m. at Infinity Hall and Bistro, located at 32 Front Street in Hartford. The title of the session is Planning the Future of Hartford Public Schools. Guest speakers include Leslie Torres-Rodriguez, Ed.D., Superintendent of Hartford Public Schools and Paul Reville, Ed.M., Harvard Graduate School of Education. Visit the Alliance’s website to register.
- SAVE THE DATE! - Leadership Greater Hartford has announced that its next WAKE UP! Leadership Breakfast will be held on Wednesday, October 4th from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. More details to come!
- Regions Top Executives Share Their Insights at 90 Ideas in 90 Minutes! Register Today! - 90 ideas in 90 minutes is a dynamic new program from the publishers of the Hartford Business Journal! A white hot fun and focused master class, this program will give you access to 9 of the region’s top thinkers and most successful executives. Each will share 10 top insights that they have learned and successfully employed. Without fluff or filler. Real insights, real fast that can really help your business. You won’t want to miss it! The event will take place [...]
- Notice of Opportunity to Comment on Draft 2018-2023 Connecticut Conservation and Development Policies Plan - The Connecticut Office of Policy and Management (OPM), in cooperation with the state’s nine regional councils of governments (COGs), is holding public hearings on the revised Draft 2018-2023 Conservation and Development Policies: The Plan for Connecticut. Further information on the Draft Plan and scheduled public hearings can be found here. The Capitol Region public hearing will be held on September 14, 2017 at 7:00 p.m., West Hartford Town Hall, Room 400. OPM will accept written comments on the Draft [...]
- Save the Date: CCEH Annual Training Institute Will Be Held on May 18th - The Connecticut Coalition to End Homelessness will be hosting its 15th Annual Training Institute (ATI) on May 18, 2017 at the Connecticut Convention Center. The ATI helps to educate advocates, service providers, and state officials on best practices and on statewide and national policies and systems change relating to preventing and ending homelessness. Click here to learn more.
- Upcoming Remediation Roundtables - The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) hosts quarterly remediation roundtables—open forums to exchange ideas and information on site cleanup in CT and to solicit opinions, advice and information. The forum also serves as a means for DEEP to provide information and updates on regulatory matters affecting the cleanup of contaminated sites. The remaining session for 2017 will be held from 1:30 to 3:30 pm at DEEP Headquarters, 79 Elm Street, Gina McCarthy Auditorium, on October 17th. For more information, [...]