Mark Your Calendars!
Here’s a sampling of upcoming events around the region and beyond, and some exciting announcements!
- CBIA to Host Connecticut Economy Event - On Friday, September 9, 2016, the Connecticut Business and Industry Association (CBIA) will host its annual fall economic event from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Marriott Hartford Downtown, 200 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford. Come and hear about foreign direct investment and Connecticut’s economy, the future of CT youth (in terms of jobs, housing and economic outlook) and Brexit, including challenges to globalization and the impact on CT exporters. The results of the 2016 Survey of Connecticut Businesses will be released at the [...]
- Upcoming Remediation Roundtables - The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) hosts quarterly remediation roundtables—open forums to exchange ideas and information on site cleanup in CT and to solicit opinions, advice and information. The forum also serves as a means for DEEP to provide information and updates on regulatory matters affecting the cleanup of contaminated sites. The remaining session for 2016 will be held from 1:30 to 3:30 pm at DEEP Headquarters, 79 Elm Street, Gina McCarthy Auditorium, on October 25th. For more information, visit [...]
- Next Rising Star Breakfast Scheduled for August 24th - The MetroHartford Alliance will host its next Rising Star Breakfast on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 from 7:30-9:00 AM at the Hartford Hilton, 315 Trumbull Street, Hartford. The program will focus on Greatest Hits and Literacy Kits and will feature Myra Jones-Taylor, Ph.D., Commissioner, Connecticut Office of Early Childhood. Online registration closes August 22nd at noon. Click here for more information and to register.
- PeopleForBikes to Host Introductory Webinar on The Big Jump Project - On Thursday, July 21, 2016, PeopleForBikes will host a webinar to present the basic framework of The Big Jump Project, the application and selection process, and allow interested communities to ask questions about the context of their application. Participation in the webinar is not a prerequisite to participate in the program, but it will provide useful information in drafting responses to the application’s questions. Registration for the webinar can be made by visiting https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/3267665370435146756. The Big Jump Project is [...]
- Save the Date - Mark your calendars for Anchor Institutions as Leaders for Social Change–A Call to Action, which will take place on September 23, 2016 from 12-4:00 PM (Hartford location to be announced). The event is being sponsored by UCONN’s Office of Public Engagement, the Hartford Consortium for Higher Education, the City of Hartford and Southside Institutions Neighborhood Alliance (SINA). Register online at Engagement.Uconn.edu after August 15th.
- CRCOG to Host Workshop on the National Flood Insurance Program’s Community Rating System - The Capitol Region Council of Governments (CRCOG) is hosting a workshop on the National Flood Insurance Program’s Community Rating System. Come and hear from FEMA, CT DEEP and West Hartford officials about what is needed to participate, how to earn discounts for local property owners on their flood insurance premiums, and how to improve floodplain management in your community. The session will be held on Thursday, September 15, 2016 from 9:30 to 11:30 (registration begins at 9:00) at the West Hartford Town Hall, 50 [...]
- You’re invited! - The Connecticut Department of Transportation and Fitzgerald and Halliday, Inc. are sponsoring a series of upcoming public meetings for the Connecticut Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan and Map Update. These meetings will be an opportunity to learn more about the project and provide your input on draft recommendations thus far, including a review of the draft Bicycle Network Map. All meetings will have the same content and format. Each will begin at 5:30 PM with an informal interactive open house session. A brief [...]
- First Annual CT Trails Symposium Scheduled - The Governor’s Greenways Council, in partnership with Middlesex Community College’s Environmental Science Program, is hosting the first Connecticut Trails Symposium to promote the benefits of greenways and trails for community leaders. The event will take place on Thursday, October 20th from 8:30AM -1:30PM at Middlesex Community College in Middletown. The goal of the Council is to promote the development of greenways and waterways in CT. This Symposium is targeted to our community leaders and will demonstrate the many benefits a greenway [...]