Mark Your Calendars!
Here’s a sampling of upcoming events around the region and beyond, and some exciting announcements!
- Save the Date: CCEH Annual Training Institute Will Be Held on May 18th - The Connecticut Coalition to End Homelessness will be hosting its 15th Annual Training Institute (ATI) on May 18, 2017 at the Connecticut Convention Center. The ATI helps to educate advocates, service providers, and state officials on best practices and on statewide and national policies and systems change relating to preventing and ending homelessness. Click here to learn more.
- CCAPA to Co-Host Historic Preservation Planning for Municipalities Session - The Connecticut Chapter of the American Planning Association (CCAPA) is co-sponsoring a program entitled Historic Preservation Planning for Municipalities on May 19, 2017 from 2-4:30pm at the Lebanon Historical Society Museum & Visitors Center. Connecticut State Archaeologist, Brian Jones, PhD, will lead an exploration of historic preservation, archaeology, resources, recommendations for land use regulations, and a tour of the potential areas of archaeological significance near Lebanon Green. For registration information, click here.
- Rising Star Breakfast Scheduled for May 2nd - The MetroHartford Alliance will host its next Rising Star Breakfast on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 from 7:30-9:00 AM at the Hartford Hilton, 315 Trumbull Street in Hartford. The May program, entitled Breakfast of Champions, will feature a 1-on-1 interview with Russell Knox, winner of the Travelers Championship. Online registration closes April 28th at noon. Click here for more information and to register.
- Annual CT Business Matchmaker Event Announced - Want to Connect with More Small Business Subcontractors and Suppliers from Connecticut? Visit www.hartford.edu/matchmaker to learn about the CT Business Matchmaker event, which will take place at the University of Hartford on Thursday, June 1st from 7:00 am – 2:30 pm. The CT Business Matchmaker, an annual event since 2010, offers an invaluable opportunity for municipalities to meet with small businesses from the region in a series of 10 minute one-on-one interviews. Develop new relationships, diversify your supply chain and expand your [...]
- Upcoming Remediation Roundtables - The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) hosts quarterly remediation roundtables—open forums to exchange ideas and information on site cleanup in CT and to solicit opinions, advice and information. The forum also serves as a means for DEEP to provide information and updates on regulatory matters affecting the cleanup of contaminated sites. The remaining sessions for 2017 will be held from 1:30 to 3:30 pm at DEEP Headquarters, 79 Elm Street, Gina McCarthy Auditorium, on June 20th and October 17th. [...]