Mark Your Calendars!
Here’s a sampling of upcoming events around the region and beyond, and some exciting announcements!
- Upcoming Remediation Roundtables - The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) hosts quarterly remediation roundtables—open forums to exchange ideas and information on site cleanup in CT and to solicit opinions, advice and information. The forum also serves as a means for DEEP to provide information and updates on regulatory matters affecting the cleanup of contaminated sites. Sessions for 2017 will be held from 1:30 to 3:30 pm at DEEP Headquarters, 79 Elm Street, Gina McCarthy Auditorium, on March 14th, June 20th and October 17th. [...]
- Annual CT Business Matchmaker Event Announced - Want to Connect with More Small Business Subcontractors and Suppliers from Connecticut? Visit www.hartford.edu/matchmaker to learn about the CT Business Matchmaker event, which will take place at the University of Hartford on Thursday, June 1st from 7:00 am – 2:30 pm. The CT Business Matchmaker, an annual event since 2010, offers an invaluable opportunity for municipalities to meet with small businesses from the region in a series of 10 minute one-on-one interviews. Develop new relationships, diversify your supply chain and expand your [...]
- Smart Growth America Technical Assistance Applications Due February 2nd! - Smart Growth America is pleased to announce that its new technical assistance opportunity—the Complete Streets Consortium Series—is now open to all units of local government. The re-launched Complete Streets Consortium Series is an opportunity for three communities from the same state to work closely together to implement Complete Streets—streets that are safe and accessible for people of all ages and abilities. Smart Growth America is committed to ensuring that their workshops are accessible to all communities. After receiving feedback from [...]
- Sustainable CT Forums Scheduled - The Institute for Sustainable Energy at Eastern Connecticut State University, working in partnership with Connecticut’s 9 councils of governments, is hosting a series of free forums entitled Sustainable CT: What’s YOUR Local Vision? Join us and be a part of community conversations on Connecticut’s developing, voluntary sustainable communities certification program–for towns of every size. The Capitol Region’s session will be held at the West Hartford Town Hall on Thursday, January 19th from 7-8:30 p.m. Click here to register for this [...]
- Be Recognized for Your Positive Contributions to CT’s Environment! - Sponsored via a partnership between CT DEEP, the Hartford Business Journal and its CT Green Guide, the GreenCircle Awards Program promotes overall sustainability by recognizing those who took a holistic approach to reducing the environmental impact and resource demands of their operations and activities during the previous calendar year. Any business, institution, group, or individual operating or living in Connecticut is eligible to participate. This year’s application deadline is March 10, 2107 for project activities completed between 1/1/16 and 12/31/16. For further information, including how to apply and details [...]