- New England’s Knowledge Corridor Partnership
New England’s Knowledge Corridor Partnership — formerly the Hartford-Springfield Economic Partnership — was founded in September 2000 with the support of the governors of Connecticut and Massachusetts. NEKC is an interstate collaborative of 28 regional economic development, planning, business, tourism and educational institutions with a shared interest in advancing the region’s economic progress. The area transcends political boundaries, comprising New Haven, Hartford, Middlesex and Tolland counties in Connecticut and Hampshire, Hampden and Franklin counties in Massachusetts. The region is linked by a shared industrial history, economy and workforce, as well as key features such as Bradley International Airport, rail lines, Interstate 91 and the Connecticut River. The NEKC Partnership markets the region as “New England’s Knowledge Corridor,” emphasizing the area’s rich history of innovation, invention and world-class educational assets. For more information, visit www.KnowledgeCorridor.org.
- Connecticut Main Street Center
- Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development
- Connecticut Department of Labor
- Hartford Business Journal
- Northeast Economic Developers Association (NEDA)
- Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology (CCAT)
- CTNext-Connecticut’s Innovation Ecosystem
- Connecticut Health Council
- Connecticut Insurance and Financial Services
- Aerospace Components Manufacturers
- Wheels For Wishes & Wellness Donation Program
Wheels For Wishes & Wellness is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit vehicle donation program benefiting children’s hospitals in Connecticut. The car donation program offers a simple alternative to selling or trading in an unwanted vehicle and provides donors with free towing and a tax deduction. Cars are either auctioned for new owners to reuse, or they’re recycled into materials that can be used to make other vehicles. Learn more at connecticut.wheelsforwishes.org.